Marc de Bruin. Your Counsellor, Coach & Mentor
Marc is a Registered Counsellor (ACA Level 4), Certified Life Coach, Master NLP Practitioner, AusIDentities Personalities Facilitator and Mindfulness integrated CBT Practitioner. He has taught Diploma level counselling since 2015, is sessional Counselling tutor and marker at the University of the Sunshine Coast, and holds a Master of Counselling himself. Marc also has close to 10 years’ experience as a barrister/solicitor in his former home country, the Netherlands.
Marc has spent his professional time since 2000 finding out HOW to successfully make changes in life, and now works with clients locally and globally to help them transform their personal and professional lives in stunningly simple and highly effective ways. It’s all about simplifying life.
Overcoming tough times in our personal and professional lives can seem impossible at times. Marc can assist you with making the seeming impossible possible.
The tools and techniques used in Marc’s Programs have a strong foundation in both Western neuro-science and Eastern philosophies. They are all about simplifying life. Modern research has found that “Mindfulness”, a state of awareness often promoted by Eastern philosophies, has measurable benefits on the size and structure of the executive functioning parts of our brain. Combined with powerful perception-change and cognitive restructuring strategies from more western, evidence-based modalities, a powerful mix for lasting change in a person’s life is available. More specifically, The Programs use techniques from, and are heavily focused on:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming and other (verbal and non-verbal) language tools
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness integrated CBT (MiCBT)
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Keirsey Temperament Sorter
There is a definite “Transpersonal twist” (call it a “spiritual streak”, if you like) in Marc’s work. His approach has been greatly influenced by teachers and mentors of various spiritual (non-religious)/transpersonal schools of thought. To mention a few:
- The Seth books, by Jane Roberts and Robert Butts
- The Abraham material, by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- A Course in Miracles, by the Foundation for Inner Peace
- The works and teachings of Michael Roads
- The works and teachings of Dr. John Demartini
- The works and teachings of Dr. Joe Dispenza
- The works and teachings of Byron Katie
- The works and teachings of Eckhart Tolle
- The works and teachings of Neale Donald Walsch
- and many, many others.
Marc works primarily with -and has had specific training in- the above modalities and schools of thought.
He holds the following qualifications/certifications:
- Master of Counselling
- Graduate Diploma in Mindfulness integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Diploma of Counselling
- Diploma of Community Services
- Master NLP Practitioner
- Certified Life Coach
- AusIDentities Personality Types Facilitator
- Cert. IV in Small Business Management
- Cert. IV in Training and Education
- Master of Laws (the Netherlands)
To find out more about working with Marc, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.