How to Start Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
This workshop is a must for anyone who wants to know more about what their emotions and feelings really are, and about how to make a start on forming a better relationship with them. A common perception is that positive feelings are “good”, and negative feelings are “bad”. Many people, therefore, chase the good feelings and try to avoid the bad ones, with limited success. So what is a more helpful approach?
This workshop covers basic mindfulness principles related to our emotional household, such as:
- How do our brains operate when it comes to our emotions?
- What are emotions, anyway?
- What are feelings; aren’t they the same as emotions?
- How long do emotions last?
- How many feelings exist?
- How do we deal with our emotions and feelings more effectively?
- What are some of the techniques to start dealing with emotions and feelings more effectively?
Expect to get a good initial mindfulness “starter kit” that you will immediately be able to apply in your life. Whether to work through depression, stress, anxiety, overthinking, etc, or to merely gain more knowledge and become more adept at working WITH emotions, rather than against them, this workshop is for you.
The workshop will be the first in a series of workshops, with more and more in-depth topics and discussions as the series unfolds.
At the end of the workshop, a 20 minutes bonus mindfulness meditation introduces you to your emotions on a more experiential level. Feel your emotions in a safe environment, while calm and relaxed.