My promise to my clients:
I aim to provide a high quality professional coaching & counseling service to support you in focusing on change, the future, and achieving your goals. In accordance with International Coaching Federation and Australian Counselling Association requirements, I have established the following guidelines to ensure the interests of both the counsellor/coach and the client are met within the sessions:
- I will treat all clients and potential clients with dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals, within the confines of the Law. I am bound by the Code of Ethics of the Australian Counselling Association, which are available upon request.
- I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects well on coaching and counselling as a profession and I will refrain from doing anything that harms the public’s understanding or acceptance of coaching and counselling as a profession.
- I will identify my level of coaching/counselling competence to the best of my ability and I will not overstate my qualifications, expertise or experience as a coach and counsellor.
- I will, at the beginning of each relationship, ensure that my client understands the terms of the agreement between us.
- I will not claim or imply outcomes that I cannot guarantee.
- In all dealings I will maintain a high level of courtesy to clients, their employees and their customers. I will reply promptly to all enquiries.
- I will respect the confidentiality of my client’s information, except as otherwise authorised by my client, or as required by law.
- I will obtain permission from each of my clients before releasing their names as clients or references.
- I will be alert to noticing when my client is no longer benefiting from our relationship and thus would be better served by another professional or by another resource and, at that time, I will encourage my client to make that change.
- I will avoid conflicts between my interests and the interests of my clients.
- Whenever the potential for a conflict of interest arises, I will, on a timely basis, discuss the conflict to reach informed agreement with my client on how to deal with it in whatever way best serves my client.
- I will, on a timely basis, disclose to my client all compensation from third parties that I may receive for referrals of, or advice given to, that client.
- I will honour every term of agreements I make with my clients and, if separate, with whomever compensates me for the coaching or counselling of my clients.
- I will not give my clients or any prospective clients information or advice I know to be confidential, misleading or beyond my competence.
- I will acknowledge the work and contributions of others; I will respect copyrights, trademarks and intellectual property rights and I will comply with applicable laws and my agreements concerning these rights.
- Every client has the freedom to make suggestions regarding my services and conduct. A Suggestion Form is available upon request. Suggestions will be handled in an ethical manner to best serve both parties. I am determined to be the best counsellor I can be, so any suggestions made are seen as an opportunity to improve.
Marc de Bruin
Landmarc Coaching & Health Solutions