The more complex our lives become, the more an individual need for simplifying life arises. Unfortunately, there seems to be an un-ending increase in complexity and information overload, combined with added pressures from employers, financial commitments, social expectations and physical and mental health issues.
As a result, depression, anxiety, trauma and various other stress-related issues have been steadily on the rise. In Australia, nearly half the population will experience mental ill-health or mental illness that require counselling at some stage of their lives (statistic: Black Dog Institute).
Eastern Mindfulness orientated wisdom has long been beneficial in restoring and maintaining mental health, and Western psychology and counselling approaches are more and more integrating advances in brain-science with Mindfulness based interventions -with excellent clinical results.
After first spending nearly 10 years as a litigation lawyer, I have made it my career’s purpose since 2005 as a counsellor to assist clients with:
- personal counselling for effectively alleviating symptoms of -specifically- depression, anxiety and panic, stress and mental ill-health
- feeling more in balance, both in professional and personal lives
- increasing levels of happiness, contentment and other positive emotions
- grief & loss counselling and counselling for dealing with strong unwanted emotions
- career focus and career transition counselling